Monday, March 5, 2012

What do I believe?

I did a little of this in the previous post, but felt that I needed to have a post just for this purpose. I will add to this as time goes on, and I may change some things if I find, through Gods word, that I am in error.

1. I believe in the Bible. This is the 66 books as it was handed down and incorporated in the King James version.

2. I believe that the Bible is error free.

3. I believe that Gods message to mankind was complete and that there is no other source of Biblical knowledge available to mankind.

4. I believe that through careful study, and prayer, we can find the answers to all of our questions within it's pages.

5. I believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and that it is through him only that we can come to the Father, and to salvation.

6. I do not believe in the use of "saints" as a way to talk to God. I believe that the Bible makes that very clear.

7. I do not believe in the worship of idols, or "Icons". Just because we rename somethings does not make it ok.

8. I believe that the mother of Jesus is truly blessed as the mother of Jesus, but that does not change who she was, her nature as a human, not her status as a person. She was simply a woman, and nothing more.

9. I believe in the resurrection of Jesus from the dead.

10. I believe in a literal 6 days of creation.

11.  I believe in the rapture, although I will say that at this point, I am not sure if it will be before or durring, or even after the 7 years of tribulation. I will have to study more to learn more.

12. I believe that the study of scripture is important, and that if more of us did so, and stopped taking verses out of context, we would find the answers we are looking for.

13. I believe in the Trinity, and that it is extensively talked about in Gods word in both the old and the new Testaments, even though that the term "trinity" is not used.

14. I believe that there is only one path to heaven, and that it is through Gods son, Jesus Christ.

15. I believe that God has given us specific instructions on marriage, worship, money management, government, and so much more.

16. I believe that marriage is to be between a man and a woman. It was never meant to be between two girls, or two guy, or animals, or computer game characters. Yes, I have heard that it is legal for a man to marry a goat in some countries.

17. I believe it is important to go to and become a part of a local church.

18. I believe that no mater how poor or rich we are, we need to help those who are in need.

19. As a christian, I believe in the Bible, not the various books of other religions, or their handed down traditions. The written word of God is enough for me.

20. I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

21. I believe that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit still communicate with men today, but that at no time will they tell us things that are not able to be backed up properly through scripture.

22. I believe that no matter how good you think that you are, if you do not have a proper relationship with Jesus Christ, you won't go to heaven. Eternal life is not a right of man, it is a gift from God, given by his grace, through the blood of sacrifice made by his son when he died on the cross for the forgiveness of Sins.

23. I believe, and this is more of a personal belief, although I am sure that the Bible has something to say about it, that most of the problems we are dealing with in our country, stem from a decline in not only belief in God and Jesus, but a decline in God fearing Christians standing up for what we should believe.

24. I believe that according to God's word, men are supposed to be the leaders of their families. Not tyrants, but God fearing leaders who follow the commands of God, and recognize the co-leadership role of their wives as being equal to their own. Proper families and marriages are a part of Gods plan for his creations.

These are just a few of the things that I believe in, and I am sure that there are those who will read this and get upset with me over a few of them. If you have questions, just ask. I will be happy to discuss them with you in more detail, or just give me some time, and I will blog on each of them in more detail. I welcome comments and questions but, will not entertain hateful remarks or arguments.


No comments:

Post a Comment